Builders’ Insurance

We guarantee to beat your new insurance quote or renewal premium from any other insurer. Fill out the form below for a completely FREE quote.

    Builders Insurance

    • Price beat guarantee!
    • We begin the quotation/renewal process early, as we believe this assists you in the comparison process.
    • We will always attempt to get three quotations on your behalf for your review and consideration.
    • When we have established your details and requirements we will keep you informed throughout the process.
    • We will keep in contact with you, to ensure that any changes to your business or requirements are always in line with your policy.
    • Should any potential claims arise we will always be on hand to assist you wherever we can!
    • Download your policy documents instantly.


    Building insurance

    Right Cover For Your Trade

    If you have employees, including apprentices and casual labourers, it is a legal requirement to hold employers’ liability insurance. This covers you if an employee is injured or becomes ill due to the work they do for you. For example, if one of your employees hurts their back when lifting heavy objects because of inadequate training. If you take out this insurance, we will cover you for £10 million, as standard.

    If you purchase employers’ liability with Trevellyan for Business, you are required to take out public liability insurance with us as well.

    We know that when you’re in the trades, your tools are vital and if the worst happens, they can be very expensive to replace, putting a pause on your business.
    With Tools cover we can ensure that your most valuable assets are insured whether in your home or out on site.

    More and more contractors and tradesmen are being asked to carry professional indemnity insurance. Whether this is due to contract requirements or to provide additional protection to tradesmen who are offering advice, this cover can be added to a tradesman policy or placed separately for a more bespoke level of cover.

    We can also cover your stock and materials, such as bricks and cement. We can cover items that are being temporarily stored between jobs, items in transit and items on-site (until they are installed).
    If these items are stolen or damaged due to an insured event, such as accidental damage, a fire, flood or storm we will help ensure that these are replaced as quickly as possible.

    Own plant covers larger items of machinery owned by the business, such as cement mixers, diggers, dumpers and temporary site huts. This does not include regular items in your toolkit, like a trowel.
    We can cover this machinery for theft and damage due to an insured event e.g. fire. We do not cover machinery that has been damaged due to wear and tear.
    If your plant requires either annual or bi-annual inspections we can also arrange for this to be done under an Engineering Inspection policy

    Hired in plant refers to machinery that you have hired from a third party, either for a short period of time or on permanent hire. The types of machinery we cover include: cement mixers, diggers, dumpers and temporary site huts.

    If something happens to the machinery while it is on hire and being used by your business, and the incident is covered by an insured event, e.g. a fire or theft, we can cover the cost of replacing it.

    This covers work that is in progress that is damaged by an insured event, such as a fire, flood, vandalism or theft. We can cover the costs required to repair or redo the work.
    For example, if you’ve been laying bricks for a new wall and there is a fire on site halfway through the contract, we can help you to complete the contract by:
    • covering the costs required to purchase the materials needed to finish the job
    • covering the costs required to re-do the parts destroyed by fire
    • covering any labour costs to repair the damage

    This covers the legal costs of providing specialist lawyers and taking action against many common legal problems, for instance disputes with suppliers or clients.

    Builders insurance

    When you work on a building site, watching out for hazards is a key part of the job. But accidents can happen, even to the most seasoned professional. That’s why it’s important to have insurance that covers all the risks you face.

    We let you choose what type of cover goes into your policy. So whether you work alone or run a Builder company with employees, you can get the insurance that’s just right for your business.

    If you need to make a claim you’ll have a dedicated person dealing with your case.

    A strong foundation for your business

    We insure over 500,000 sole traders and small businesses, so we know what support you need from your insurance provider.

    From property damage to equipment theft, your work comes with specific risks. Would you be ready, if an expensive claim hit the business? Whether it’s a builder with a public liability case or equipment theft, our claims team are UK-based and know your trade.

    Get a FREE quote here

      You may also be interested in