You will learn about all aspects of commercial insurance for an array of different businesses. You will learn how to prospect for new clients, the information-gathering process, and the quote and sell processes. You will also study for your insurance practitioner level 3.
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Learn from a current commercial account exec. to build relationships with new and existing customers and provide an ongoing service
- Build technical knowledge to achieve/maintain competence
- Completion of tasks in a timely manner, working to deadlines set by Line Manager and Directors
- Maintain a professional image of self and the company to all customers and insurers, including using a professional telephone manner, correct language when using e-mails and answering any queries in a timely and professional manner and wearing business-wear when visiting clients face to face
- Ensure customer’s customers files are correctly maintained and filed
- Ensure that all compliance responsibilities are recorded and reported as required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will work towards your:
- Insurance Practitioner Level 3 Apprenticeship
- Certificate in Insurance (Cert CII)
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Once the apprenticeship is finished, we would expect you to stay on with the business and continue your career in the commercial insurance sector. You will manage and grow your own book of commercial clients and be their primary point of contact for years to come.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Team working.
GCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade C/4 and above) Essential.